Tuesday, May 24, 2011

For the love of creating

It's a known fact that too many cooks spoil the broth. In this case though I beg to differ. Kat Trim, Nicola Cooper and myself threaten to get together and create. Alot. It normally starts with a heck of alot of conceptualising, then ends up being a night at my house drinking too much red wine and some adlib ideas flying around like a wild bird out a cage, which is awesome. That's just the way I like it. Don't spoil a beautiful thing by thinking it to death. Think it, try it, be it. If it doesn't work then only change your mind.

I might be presumptuous to say that the ideas that come forth always seem to resonate with each of us on our own level. I get super nervous before each session as I never know what's going to happen. Somehow something always does.

Kat I"ve had the oppurtunity to photograph more than once. I secretly like that I know the pictures I have of her are very different to those that others have taken of her. She is movement and emotion and I want all that to come through. It just happens. There's no planning. A stunning subject but so much more to give, given half the chance.

I first photographed Nicola last year two days before christmas. Since then we have connected and shared ideas and have long been awaiting this shoot. As someone who is so creative and talented I'm humbled that she stands in front of the camera in complete trust of me. The more I photograph her the more I want to photograph her. It's the case of the more you see the more you want to see. I see a beautiful person whom I've not done complete justice yet. So Nicola, we have many shoots ahead of us lady. You are great.

The essence that came out of this shoot is different for all of us. Comment if you please I'd like it.

3 comments: